"Creating the Wedding of Your Dreams"
Serving Ventura, Santa Barbara & Los Angeles County

Wedding Minister | Wedding Planner | Wedding Officiant


Marriage License

There are 2 licenses in California......#1 is the public license and issued by the county recorder/clerks office only. It requires one witness. It can be issued in any county and taken to any county in CA. It is the officiating party's responsibility to return it to the issuing county after the ceremony within 10 days. This license becomes public record.




License #2 is called the CA License and Certificate of Confidential Marriage. It can be issued by the county recorder/clerk's office or by a Notary Public authorized by the recorder/ clerk in that county. The licensed must be used in the county of issue ONLY. The requirements are: Be over 18. Must be an unmarried man and an unmarried woman. The couple must be living together as husband
and wife. This license becomes confidential and is Not public record. No witnesses required.

The correct ID would be a valid driver's license/ or ID card issued by the DMV, a valid passport, a valid military ID. These have the correct name, photo, the signature, and birthdate. Birth certificates are not valid ID.

Some counties recommend bringing certified copies of your birth certificates. Know your parent’s names, mothers' maiden name and places of their birth. If previously married you must show proof of divorce, death or annulment. You need to bring a copy of your final divorce decree if you have divorced within the 90 days through past year (varies by county). Once issued, the license is valid for 90 days. Cost varies, but generally $80, contact your County Clerk’s office for specific information. Ministers must complete the marriage license and return it to the county clerk within 4 days after the marriage.

If either the bride or groom is under 18, at least one of the minor's parents, or legal guardian, must appear with the couple. Certified copies of birth certificates are required. The couple must also schedule an appointment with a counselor and then appear before a superior court judge.


Your Dream Day Is Waiting!!!


Ken Craft, Minister

For more information
cell phone: 805.279.3055